Our typical meetings are based on Toastmasters International recommendations:
These are the key points of the meeting in Zuriberg club:
- At 18:45 we pay for our dinner and drinks. (We all arrive early to enable us to begin the official meeting promptly at 19:00.)
- The first segment of the official meeting is devoted to prepared speeches, usually there are 5 prepared speeches and then we vote on the Best Speaker.
- We break for dinner at approximately 20:00
- After dinner, evaluators provide 3 minutes of oral feedback on each prepared speech and then we vote on the Best Speech Evaluator.
- The Table Topics session is next! This is our chance to speak on our feet, i.e. with no preparation for up to 2 minutes on a designated topic. Often a source of hilarity.
We vote on the Best Table Topics Speaker.
- After that, our Grammarian offers observations and tips on the use of English, our Ah-Counter reports on how many “Ahs” and other meaningless sounds he noticed, and our Listener tests our memory retention of phrases uttered during the evening.
- Finally, the President awards the Best Speaker, Best Table Topics Speaker, and Best Evaluator prizes, and we adjourn the meeting.
- Our objective is to develop our skills, but also to have good time, so do expect fun and nice atmosphere 🙂
- Presented above is a typical meeting. Please note that sometimes we follow a slightly different agenda when we plan a debate, workshop, speech marathon or club contest. Any special event will be clearly marked in the agenda
Below you may see a template for the meeting agenda itself. An updated agenda will be available on each table upon arrival.